Technical Project Manager
Boma is currently seeking a Technical Project Manager to oversee the global platform development and lead selection of cloud-based tools to enable our global network of decentralized country and community partners to share, connect and implement impact programs, products and initiatives.
Individual will be responsible for identifying best of class cloud-based platform and tools, work with third-party vendors, identify tech reqs/needs of global partners - integrating all the technologies for a seamless solution.
Ideal candidate thrives in a startup environment.
This is a part-time, hourly position performed remotely.
- Oversee all tech needs for Boma Global team
- Develop a comprehensive digital strategy for Boma in collaboration with the CEO. Including the strategy for the Boma Global team and Boma global community and country partner network
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge partner requirements with our global goals and coordinate various country based technical needs, personnel and strategies during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Manage any outsource technology teams and resources
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved stakeholders to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with community partners, customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Minimum three years management experience in the IT field, including development work and interactions with customers
- Proficiency with at least one web development language, such as Ruby or Python
- Salesforce experience
- Experience with project management and customer service web-based tools
How to apply
If you’d like to be considered for the position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]