Do you want a fulfilling career that allows you to create a more equitable, sustainable tomorrow? If so, we may have the job for you.
Boma empowers people to shape a more intentional and intelligent future by creating transformational learning experiences, leadership programs, and interactive events. We address the most pressing challenges of our time: rapid changes in climate, technology, social structures, and local and global economies.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and creative self-starter to lead our global editorial & marketing strategy and work closely with our partners to create digital content that supports our mission and drives meaningful growth and engagement.
The Growth Manager position is a full-time, remote role that involves both strategic and tactical planning, superior writing and editing abilities, and strong organizational skills. This is a hands-on, roll-up your sleeves start-up environment. We place a high value on creativity, passion, and a willingness to assist with whatever is needed to get the job done.
Primary duties include overseeing the day-to-day editorial & marketing operations of our two web sites (boma.global and bomacircles.org), as well as our videos, social channels, newsletters, and promotional materials. This individual will create content that embodies Boma’s mission and voice, ensure branding alignment across our organization, and grow our brand. A keen understanding of all social media platforms is a must.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for driving meaningful change in social justice, climate policy, economic and gender equality, and be driven to help communities and corporations build a better future.
As Growth Manager, you will be responsible for one key goal: Building Boma’s brand and reach.
To do this, you will:
- Develop a growth-oriented marketing plan that builds brand awareness, expands our audience, and generates leads for our Corporate Solutions offerings.
- Maintain the editorial vision and drive the creation of all content: write and edit articles, post on social media channels, find engaging images and graphics, and ensure SEO best practices.
- Manage all content-related tech platforms and the third-party vendors that support them, including oversight of the CMS (Wagtail), social channels, livestream videos, and Boma Global Studio’s schedule of virtual summits.
- Analyze our email funnels and other lead-generation initiatives and make improvements to the funnel to optimize engagement and conversions.
- Establish and manage the content calendar, including schedule of video and social posts. Train country partners, new staff members, and freelancers, as necessary.
- Lead biweekly/monthly editorial strategy sessions with Boma Country Partners to keep them updated on the content calendar and work with them to create content and connect strategies.
Qualifications / Skills
- 2-5 years of experience working at early stage companies in a growth function.
- Developing and executing creative marketing, editorial and social media campaigns that builds a brand’s reach, generates leads, and increases engagement.
- Developing and maintaining a unique personality and “voice” for brands and specific social platforms.
- Forming partnerships and working with multiple stakeholders to create meaningful collaborations that amplify messages and increase engagement.
- Proficiency with CMS platforms, comfort working with developers
- Experience with analytics and SEO optimization
- Resourceful: as a small team, we need people who can find the answer to any question. You’ll learn anything you need to to get your job done.
- Experimental: You have an experimental approach to marketing, you test your hypotheses on how to grow Boma and let the data decide. You’ll find creative out-of-the-box solutions to reaching our growth targets.
- Analytical: You have excellent analytical skills and experience measuring data-driven growth initiatives. You look to data to determine what actions need to be taken next.
- Team player: We’re a small team, and there may be times where we need help on product development, customer success, or other areas. We’re looking for people who are willing to pitch in anywhere to get the job done.
How to apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to [email protected]
Boma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, family or parental status, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, and age. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.